MAIN STREET WALL & LANDSCAPING
Main Street Wall Project
The combination rock wall and wooden sidewalk, which once graced the front of the historic Branigan home and original Roy’s Hall, was rebuilt between 1906 and 1916 into a cement wall and walkway. Known today by locals as the Main Street or Theater Wall, it is comprised of 165 feet of walkway and still bears the original plumbing-pipe handrail.
The 100-year old historic wall and handrails have long suffered from neglect, so in 2016 the BEC began efforts to rehabilitate the historic wall.
Working with generous private donors and local masons, the Main Street Wall has become a prime example of the power of grassroots volunteerism.
Final enhancements of the wall included the addition of safety features to the handrails; as well as landscaping done by green-thumbed volunteers.