The BEC seeks the services of an independent, non-profit administrator to manage day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include administrative support, marketing and communications, event support, and project management. The position is 20-hours a week and reports to the BEC Board President. Work hours are flexible, though do include attendance at all planning, general, and project team meetings, which take place during evening and weekend hours. Work will be executed from the administrator’s own office or at designated meeting spaces. No permanent office space will be provided. Compensation information will be shared with qualified, competitive applicants.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter with references to Together@Blairstownbec.com by April 4th.
- Essential Functions: Responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Prepare for Directors and Project Team meetings by preparing agendas, minutes, notes, and other documents
- Prepare non-profit’s communications: web, print and electronic newsletters
- Maintain organizational files and documents
- Serve as first point of contact for the organization
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including bill paying, check cutting, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit etc.
- Procurement of supplies as needed
- Assist with coordination and execution of community event logistics
- Manage member and donor database
- Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
- Coordinate bulk mailings
- Maintain organizational archives
- Filing of program forms and applications
- Additional tasks as directed by the BEC Board and leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of related experience; nonprofit experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing. Familiarity with Google Docs
- Working knowledge of WordPress and content management systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent web-conferencing and phone manner
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Interest in and commitment to BEC mission is essential
About the Blairstown Enhancement Committee
In the summer of 2014, members of the Blairstown Township Committee reached out to a small group of residents asking if they could help reverse the apparent decline of the Blairstown Village in hope of improving the town’s economic prospects. In response, the dedicated residents formed a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation called the Blairstown Enhancement Committee (BEC). This group of volunteers is committed to making the Blairstown area a better place to live, visit and do business. In collaboration with its residents, business owners, township, schools, and other stakeholders, the committee’s goal is to create a thriving economy while still retaining the character and charm of the area. Members support this mission with their time, energy, skills or financial contributions to do great things for Blairstown.